Friday, January 7, 2011

Final Blog

Who am I? This semester long class has certainly helped me figure this out. Going through Sociology, and learning about all of the different units really helped to show me how society really works, and how I interact with it. Topics such as culture and race really helped to open my eyes to different ways people live their life in a sociological setting. Learning about this helped me to see myself in a different way. It helped me to see that the way I live my life is very similar to other people except for the fact that everyone grows up differently, with many different sociological impacts, such as culture and race. Having an opportunity to participate in community service also really helped me to find out more about myself and how I compare to other people in society around me. Going to community service was something I was not very much looking forward to, but after it was over I realized it really helps you to see who you are. I learned that I am a very caring person, because throughout community service, I found myself getting more and more caught up in doing work for the better of the community. All in all, at the beginning of the year, I thought I knew myself, but after the semester was over, I had discovered parts of me that I did not know ever existed.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that community service was a powerful aspect of the class. Keep up the good work because people like Kiley REALLY look up to you.

    ReplyDelete